Friday, May 30, 2003

Alas. I lost track of time doing the GMSMA reconciliation, and didn't make it across the river in time to hit the gym before going to the Erotic Art fair. But, I did make it to the art fair. And it was great. One artist in particular, Xavier, is really something wonderful. If I had the money, I'd be slapping it down for something by him. I swung a totally rockin' volunteer job, doing security. I was posted in the garden of the Center, making sure that no one wandered in without paying the $7 at the door. This meant that I spent the evening hanging out in the garden, smoking cigarettes, reminiscing about ACT UP meetings in the room where the art show was being held, and flirting with innumerable hot men in attendance.

Oh. And here's a cool thing. When people asked me what I did, I told them "I write." And, that's a fairly accurate description of how I spend my days and nights. Although I suppose I could have replied "I smoke cigarettes" or "I whip men" on that basis. But I think that "I write" is perhaps closer to the spirit of the question.

Anyway. To bed. Softball tomorrow. Luckily, at the sane hour of 10:30 am, which means I only have to get up at 9 am. The weather report is still calling for thundershowers, although the stars were out tonight during my volunteer shift in the garden. I suppose I won't know until I wake up tomorrow what kind of day it will be.

After last night's marathon, I need a good night's sleep.


No comments: