Sunday, May 11, 2003

Softball went well. We played two games. For the first game, the other team (the Diablos) had trouble getting out of bed and so half of them weren't there, and the refs were late. So, they forfeited. But we decided to play a scrimmage, and the Ballbreakers won handily. I had two good at bats, getting on base each time, and once bringing in a point by managing to cross first base.

Then, I watched in horror as the Hellcats played the team we had just beat. The 'Cats were really really good. I don't think the Diablos scored more than a run or two. Then we were up against the Hellcats, who gave us a lot of trouble last year.

Omigod did we play well. Some amazing plays, including a neat double play. Defense was there, and our bats were hot. And again, they had a great team. They had a couple of triples and at least one home run that I recall. I had two at bats, and got on base each time. And, I did a great outrunning-the-ball-to-the-base again. The consensus of my team is, if I get the ball in play--and that's happening more often than not so far this season--then I get on base, because I'm really really fast.


No comments: