Tuesday, May 20, 2003

I probably spend too much time on here tooting my own horn (beneath the symphonies of self-deprecation, you can no doubt hear those brassy strains).

But, tonight I received this email from whippingboy.

*sigh*

Sir,

This boy is not certain what pattern or design you were aiming for, but the quantitative analysis (ie the marks!) say the following:

-a fairly even distribution of marks in the region of the shoulders
-pattern is fairly well distributed from side to side
-pattern is mostly "criss-cross" indicating even distribution of "right-handed" and "left-handed" strokes
-there is a concentration of marks between the shoulder blades
-there is a slight predominance of "left-handed" strokes
-very few noticeable "strays," and none near my neck
-there's one between my shoulder blades which i'm hoping is a "keeper"

(Having not seen you work, i don't know if you use both hands, or not, so left-handed and right-handed strokes refer to the typical placement of each--Right-handed strokes tend to hit to the left, trailing right, and vice versa.)

So if you felt that your aim was wild, i would love to see what happens when you are dead on. =)

You are really good at aftercare--luxurious aftercare. And at being present in ways which are reassuring and heightening to the play. Like the words you choose. In draping the flogger or whip over my shoulders when you stepped away to....that gave me a chance to ground and connect with the whip in a different way, one that is important for me.

And a question: When you ask for the last ten count, where are you? (ie. what do you need/want from the bottom/me at that point) oops, two questions...And where do you perceive me to be? Is there anything it would be useful for me to tell you?

This boy certainly has good things to say about playing with you--and will report back to your "references" =) This boy was taught to check references for both compatability and safety...and would be more than happy (pleased! delighted!) to be able to be a reference for you. Seriously.

Blessings from the blessed,

whippingboy

As to the question about the Ten Count. I use that because it puts things into the bottom's hands. We could go on all night until you get around to saying "One, Sir," or, you could jump in with a "Onetwothreefourfivesixseveneightnineten, Sir."

Just tonight, Roman Cool stopped what he was doing, and said, "Should I stop, or do you want to go on?" I agonized. I questioned whether or not I could take any more. But I didn't want to seem like a loser. Roman Cool gave voice to these thoughts of mine, putting them in basically those words. That's when I said I'd give him three more.

What do I want and where am I? Well, essentially, I've gotten what I want. For me, the ten count just serves to increase the magnitude of the gift that I'm receiving. It's my guess that at the point when I present it, you're sort of feeling spent. (I could be wrong.) So it's encouragement. Basically saying, "We can go for as long as you want to go, and I want you to know that I am deeply grateful for where we do go from here."

There were several times when I got you pretty good, and you didn't advance the count. This is glorious.

Thanks so much for those kind words. I have nothing but praise for you, and nothing but a wonderful recollection of our time together.


No comments: