Thursday, May 08, 2003

They call me Buttercup, poor little Buttercup...

With a posse of other GMSMA guys, we went to hear Gilbert and Sullivan's H.M.S. Pinafore at Symphony Space. Really a great evening. Pinafore is the one where the hero is menaced with a cat o' nine tales and is put in the dungeon and 'weighted down with chains.' That's my kind of comic opera!

I remember I saw it years ago--when I was 12 or 13--on PBS. Go figure: the thing about the cat o' nine tales and the dungeon and the chains made quite an impression on me then, too.

Had an email exchange with Bound and Determined today about tomorrow night's meet with severus. Man, am I looking forward to this. B'n'D, as usual, was chock full of helpful hints.

Diabolique, one of the theatah-goers this evening, admitted that he wants to try to convince me to stay in Jersey City. My flip answer was that if I could find a job, I would absolutely stay. But on reflection, I wonder if that's true. I'm starting to imagine my days and nights as a Bucks County Leatherman. (Maybe The Bucks County Leatherman? Nah. I'm sure I have predecessors.) Although, it may very well be a July 31st thing rather than a June 30th thing.

Some other news. Current President was in touch with a world renowned whipsman in San Francisco about some GMSMA business. W.R.W. closed the conversation by saying that he loved my article in Newslink, and that he wants to make a date with me.

Okay. I'm pretty astonished. Flabbergasted, in fact.

That's all for tonight. Want to get a good night's sleep so I'm fresh for severus tomorrow night.


No comments: