Wednesday, April 28, 2004

BAD!

Oh, cool.

I remembered the url. It's Waterview, not Riverside. And it's awful.

So opulent! So luxurious! So regal! So cultivated! Why... it's amazing what you can do with foam sprayed onto chicken wire.

Point your browser t-h-u-s-l-y and feast your eyes.

Here's the difference between bad design and good design. Good design says, "I care deeply about the way that things look, the way they hit the eye. I see beauty in the everyday. The natural world sustains me. I take delight in the quirky. I like to have my expectations challenged. Good workmanship and artisanship is the very crux of good design, down to the simplest detail."

Bad design, on the other hand, says, "Look how much fucking money I have! There's a fucking fountain in my driveway for Chrissake! You know how much that cost for a fountain???!!! I have an elevator in my condo! Do you have an elevator in your condo?"

If I'm wrong about my cosmology, and there is, in fact, a Hell, then it had better be filled with people who get three and a half million dollars for a condo made from chickenwire, foam, plastic, and particle board.

Dig?


No comments: