Friday, April 30, 2004

"I won't! I won't I won't I won't I won't!! And you can't make me!"
"Now Herman..."


Someone calling himself MunsterDom perused my profile on WorldLeathermen.

My heart skipped a beat.

Munster...? As in Herman, Lily, Grandpa, Eddie, and poor plain Marilyn? Fred Gwynne in Leather? Was there a dungeon under the stairs that Spot was guarding?

I clicked on his profile, and it turns out he's Munster as in Munster, Leinster, Ulster and Connaught, the four ancient kingdoms of Ireland. And he doesn't have a pic, either.

It's 6:05 already, which means I'll have to jump in the shower and get to work. And 'tis a pity, as I'm inspired to compose a list of Ways That The Life Of The Average Leatherman Resembles The Fortunes Of The Munsters... There you are, going about your business, leading what you consider to be your sane, happy, quiet, normal life, and you come butting up against vanilla society, again and again and again.

*sigh* It's not like it was in the Old Country.

I've had celebrity sightings Fred Gwynne eating a hamburger on Fifth Avenue and Al Lewis--before he ran for Governor of the State of New York--in the restaurant he ran in the West Village. That's a higher percentage of celebrity sightings per movie or tv show than any other I can think of.

Something's cooking here... I'll think about it some more whilst sanding at work today.


No comments: