Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Man With A Stache

The woman at Starbucks said the nicest thing to me. She greeted me by name, said she had missed me (Like, I wasn't in yesterday because I was sleeping at home, or Friday because I had to high-tail it to Philly to meet up with the Baron, but I'm there every week day otherwise). Then she said, "I thought of you because a friend of mine just grew a moustache. It looks really good on him, but it's not as awesome as yours."

Awwww...

Pause for reflection. Moustaches are like dogs, huh? You don't find the dog; the dog finds you. Similarly, when I grew this, it was like it had been waiting patiently for me to unleash it all my life. Although I guess technically it wouldn't have been possible until my late twenties.

But I grew it, and looked in the mirror, and I thought, "Oh. Right. This is what I look like."

I am the man with the stache.

Cool.


No comments: