Thursday, April 22, 2004

Quiet On This End

So.

I haven't been posting a lot lately. What's up with that?

Well, for one thing, I've been busy. Early Saturday morning, I head up to NYC to play softball. And I've been going and going and going trying to get a garden in. And on Tuesday and Thursday nights after work, I have cabinet making school. And I get to the gym whenever I can. And then there's the various and sundry Taking Care of Dad responsibilities.

But that's only half of it.

Tonight was a blog reading at the Lesbian and Gay Community Services Center in NYC. Diabolique represented SingleTails. To participate, I've been reading back over past entries.

Man. How things have changed.

It used to be all about S/M. Now, it's mostly about softball, work, gardening, and frustration. And how much of that do you all want to read.

Where have I ended up?

I hate Philadelphia. It's a dour and cheerless town. And the men in the bars seem to have this rabbitty and furtive look, as though they're ashamed of something.

And New Hope? It's like a Paul Lynd film festival that never ends.

And I'm tortured by all the great straight guys I run meet and work with.

It's not fair.

Last time I saw Diabolique, he asked me 'How long are you going to stay there?'

Good question.

I am here. Here I am. I've plighted my troth.

And life offers many compensations! It's just that romance with men closer than 1,000 miles isn't one of them.

I've gotta find some way to make this work.

In the meantime, if you're interested in softball, gardening, and cabinet making, then this is the blog for you.

'Night for now.


No comments: