Monday, April 05, 2004

Blight

Oh. My. God. I feel awful. Awful!

I've been contending with a cold, and yet another infection in the piercing. Went up to NYC for the GMSMA SM and Spirituality Special Interest Group yesterday, and got back last night at a decent hour. But, alas, I had the inspired notion to dose myself with some cough medicine before heading to bed.

See, this is why I hate medicine. The stuff is basically speed. And maybe it had an interaction with the caffeine in the coffee I had before I hit the road, but whammo! About an hour after I turned in and drifted off to sleep, there I was, wide awake. Sort of doing this odd, aggro tossing and turning, changing position about every thirty seconds. Tweaking, in other words.

I am such a lightweight, huh?

Masturbation is a reliable cure for insomnia--those increased serotonin levels, don'cha know--but as I also had a splitting headache, and as stimulants make it pretty much impossible for me to cum, this option was closed to me. I stuck it out in bed, rolling around furiously on the neoprene sheets from Nasty Pig until 4:52 a.m.

I am gonna be a total wreck at work today.

I guess I'll apprise them of the fact that I'm not in much shape to be anything more than a trip hazzard and see if I can go home early. Like, six hours early.

I am such a wuss when it comes to being sick. On Friday night, the Baron von Philadelphia gave me Mad Phat Props for being so chipper and perky in spite of the fact that my sinuses were draining like faucets and I'd break into these death rattle coughs ever few minutes. But this represented an enormous effort on my part. I felt like shit.

And now this. Extreme fatigue on top of the cold, and the periodic pain and throbbing in my left nipple from this pus-oozing piercing. The fatigue will be sooooo good for my immune system. N'est-ce pas?

And it's a bad ending to an otherwise glorious day. The Spirituality SIG meeting was wonderful. So good to reconnect with these men, to sit and listen to their insights and ideas, and to share my own. Just superb. And although I was worried about rain on the way up and the way back, the roads were pretty good.

Anyway.

Time for me to hop in the shower and get ready for work. And wouldn't you know it, I'm starting to feel drowsy.

They shoot horses, don't they?


No comments: