Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Hoisted On My Own Petard

Uh...

Remember last February when I was reporting her in Singletails on my intriguing about Sarge?

Well, Sarge does.

Yup. It seems Sarge is a reader. And was then.

The other night, I ran into him on WLM. He's relocated to somewhere in flyover territory. As he's safely out of stalking distance, I told him that I had at one time harbored a crush on him. His response was along the lines of 'Yeah I know I read it in your blog.'

Now that was a moment.

So I hope you people appreciate the sacrifices I make for all of you!

Just kidding.

But sort of serious.

Maybe a new policy is called for. But I can't imagine what that would be. Keep my romantic endeavors outta here? I think that would make this weirdly abstract and cerebral. And dull.

And there have been more than a few men in my life who have been taken aback to read about themselves here.

Ah well.

I've also gotten more than a few 'Gosh, thanks!' responses, too.

I guess there's no bright line. One rule that I have is if I hook up with you, and it just doesn't work out, you don't need to worry about reading a bad review here. That is definitely not appropriate.

But heck. You want honesty? Well here's honesty. How upfront were the last five guys you dated? Hmmmm?

And if things really take off with us, I won't be spilling all the intimate details here.


No comments: