Monday, April 05, 2004

True Love At Last

Many men love their country. Many men love God. Many men love women. Some men love other men.

I love a dishwasher.

Not just any dishwasher, y'unnerstan'. It's a Maytag Quiet Series 200.

I've known some dishwashers in my day, but never one like this.

Y'see, last week, the dishwasher here at my father's went ker-plooie. We called in the appliance repair guy, and he said that since the machine was almost thirty years old (!) parts for repairing it weren't available. So, I was dispatched to the home appliance place in New Britain to pick out a new dishwasher. I basically went for one of the cheaper models available. After all, it's just a dishwasher, right?

They installed it the very next day.

Now, at the outset I was impressed. It's really big inside. I can fit my stock pot. And I decided to try something I've never done with any other dishwasher I've used: I didn't rinse and scrub the dishes before I loaded them into the dishwasher. I just loaded them in, cruddy as they were, and hit the button to start the wash.

And I got sparkling clean dishes!

It's amazing! Cleaning up after dinner is just not a problem any more. I load everything into the dishwasher, hit the button, and then I have nice clean dishes in about an hour.

The Maytag Quiet Series 200 has changed my life. For the better.

Now if I could only find a man.


No comments: