Saturday, April 10, 2004

Tried To Email You...

Yeah yeah yeah. I know. And it bounces back.

What I don't know is why. Something is wrong. When I try to log in to get my email, I'm getting an error message telling me that I'm 'unauthorized.' T'uther night, I was on the phone with Earthlink's tech support folks trying to get connected to Apple's Mail program. As it was, I could receive, but not send email through Mail. Tragically, the tech support guy I got was a lemon. I think I knew more about stuff than he did. And, I was on hold for about a half an hour to get him. In the wake of that, I became Unauthorized, so I think that the bumbler might have accidentally pulled the plug on me.

I tried last night to call Earthlink and find out what the problem was. I was literally on hold for over an hour (two and a half episodes of the Fifth Season of Sex In The City) and no one picked up. Until I was cut off at 10 p.m. when their Tech Support people go to bed.

This is verrrrry discouraging. Earthlink's Tech Support used to be really first rate. They even had this great online chat tech support. They still do, but the folks come on long enough to introduce themselves, but when you ask your question they disappear and you get a 'You are no longer in a chat session' message. I mean, that comes off as rude?

Anybody know if Earthlink was recently bought out by someone? Or are they going under? I hope I don't have to get another email address.

Anyway. If you reeeeally need to reach me in the interim, you can email me at BucksCoStache@aol.com. (Oh, the ignonomy of an aol email address! How embarrassing!)

Sorry.


No comments: