Friday, April 09, 2004

The Continuing Saga

On the issue of the infected piercing...

The good news includes the fact that I felt much better today, as though I'd turned the corner. And, I checked my temperature, and I don't have an elevated one. No fever here!

But here's what does concern me. You might remember that my post was sucked into the nipple. I guess you could say that I'm internalizing. So to speak. Well today, the piercing seems to have closed. Which is, y'know, why you're not supposed to remove a piercing when you have an infection. Because the opening will close and then the infection won't be able to drain.

So let's review. The opening has closed, and now the infection won't be able to drain. And it's closed over the stainless steel post. I guess you could say that I've assimliated.

Huh. This all makes me think of Special Guy. My getting pierced was sort of a dramatic moment in a relationship filled with dramatic moments. There was the deep passionate kiss he gave me while presenting me with a single red rose when we were caught under an awning in a summer downpour. There was the tearful eucharist in the Fire Island Pines. There was our first date, where we had all the guys at the musclebear sex party getting hard looking at us go at it. And the piercing itself--my defensive witty repartee, Special Guy being right there by my side, the Hammer Studios Dracula Movie trickle of blood that descended from my fresh piercing just as I took a look at the new me in the mirror.

And in the wake of our deciding to part as friends, I had this external sign. Those stainless steel posts, which would always be there as a reminder of Special Guy in just about every sexual interaction I had with whatever man that followed him.

And now, that's inside me.

"I've got you... ...under my skin."

There forever.

Well, unless the folks at the piercing parlor tomorrow tell me that this is a huge problem. The piercing has become an implant.

This might raise some eyebrows going through airport security from here on in, huh?


No comments: