Thursday, April 01, 2004

Scene And Be Seen

Among our pansexual brothers and sisters, we find the much maligned 'scene name' phenomenon. At last year's Leather Leadership Conference, I attended a presentation by a group in Baltimore that detailed their (really excellent) program for introducing newbies to the scene. At the initial brunch, as an ice-breaking exercise, they have the folks pick out scene names for themselves. Thus, Princess Starfire or whoever is born.

I've always viewed the whole thing with jaundiced eye. Sounds kinda shame-based to me. Kinda clandestine.

Well guess what.

This morning, at the sanding table, I thought up a scene name for myself. And, I like my name. I've never been able to come up with a name I'd rather have. I think that my parents did a not too bad job when it came to conferring a name on their third-born.

Yeah yeah yeah. On this very website, I've maligned scene names myself. But it popped into my head, and... well... it works.

Krush.

That's it. Krush.

Not as in, "I K-K-KRUSSSH you with my powerful arms! Yesssss! You struggle to breathe! You're blacking out! Feel my POWER!!!" Although that's kinda hot.

Nah. More like, "I am soooo crushed out on this total hottie in my fourth period study hall!"

Like that kind of a crush.

I mean, do the math. It's one crush after another for me. That must be evident to even the most casual reader of Singletails. Week after week, I get all hot and bothered about some boy, or some man. I pine. I wine. I long. I jerk off. Only to be replaced by some new fascination. That's me. Cute as a puppy and with a similar span of attention.

To paraphrase Prince, Men and boys rule my world, I say they rule my world.

Pretty unflattering, huh?

I'm describing the emotional life of a fourteen year old girl, aren't I?

Yeah. GBuilty.

But on the other hand, It's been thirty years of this. I doubt that it's gonna change. So why not embrace it?

Cuz look at it this way. Does it have to be a bad thing to have a powerful romantic imagination? To be able to be in the thrall of a man?

And I'm like that with other things, too. With ideas for example. A new idea hits me and I'm off and running. With gusto. Once again, my world is rocked.

Crushed out on cabinet making. Crushed out on welding. Crushed out on whips. Crushed out on Bucky. Crushed out on Orlando Sir. Crushed out on Special Guy. Crushed out on Inferno. Crushed out on GMSMA. Crushed out on the Fire Island Pines. Crushed out on the desert. Crushed out on tattoos. Crushed out on Marlboro Sir. Crushed out on softball.

And it's not like those crushes turn cold. It's as though I just continue to expand. Getting bigger. Big big life.

So I think my crushes are something to celebrate.

So yeah. You can call me Krush.


No comments: