Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Briefly, briefly

I'm loving my html book. Look out world. Big plans are in the works.

---------------------------

Boss Sunshine was in rare form. At one point, after he had yelled at each of us in turn, we sat around giggling about how we wished him dead. His latest evil involves my predecessor. He assured her that even though things didn't work out, he would make sure she would get a job, and then told her he had paved the way for her. It turns out that quite the reverse, he totally sabotaged her chances. She's now unemployed.

---------------------------

Ergo, I am thrilled that this is a three day weekend. I don't know what makes me happier: three days without having to be at work, or only having to be there four days next week. Staffetta was poking around on Idealist.org today and found a job she thought would be perfect for me. The salary is exactly double what I'm making now. Here's what's weird. From the description, I could totally do that job. Easily. The learning curve would be something that you could jump on a skateboard. So why the hell do I have this sense that 'no way would they consider hiring me' and 'there's so many people out there that are more talented than I am' and 'I totally wouldn't fit in there' and the like? Perhaps because never in my life did I imagine that I would or could do anything that would fetch me a six figure income. Y'know, I once got fired from a job as a bus boy.

--------------------------

This weekend I'm going out flagging white. As SingleTails readers know, that is now the hanky code for Comfort Sex. I wonder what Sarge is doing this weekend?

------------------------

That's enough for now. After I attended a forum on a rapist in Chelsea (for work), and then a GMSMA Executive Committee meeting, I stuck around and went over the books with Current President. I got home at 12:53 a.m. And I haven't had anything for dinner. And it's unlikely that I will. I'm goin' to bed, kids.

'night.

No comments: