Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Yesterday after work, I went to the atelier of David Samuel Menkes to interview David in preparation for the upcoming (as in tomorrow!) GMSMA Program on Leather/Fetish fashion. The plan was for Does Windows to meet me there, as he's interested in acquiring some leather fetish fashion items, and I thought that observing David Menkes working with Does Windows could be instructive. Alas, the interview went well, but Does Windows didn't get out of work until seven.

So, we met up after the interview and at my suggestion, we went down to the Leatherman on Christopher Street. The staff there soon had Does Windows outfitted in harness, vest, chaps, arm band, and officer's hat. He looked really really really good. While trying on the harness, Does Windows indicated a scar on his shoulder. He was worried that the harness would draw attention to it. I said I hadn't noticed it, so I didn't think it would. He looked at me and said, "I got shot."

While he was trying stuff on, I mulled the relationship that's emerging with Does Windows and me. He's sort of becoming my "Ward and Protege." Kind of like Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. Does Windows doesn't think of himself as a bottom. I know just where his head is at. He doesn't feel he has experience as a Top, and so when he plays, he ends up being the bottom, which lends itself to scene play. And, there's so much he really doesn't know. And introducing him seems to be something I'm enjoying a lot.

After he made his purchases at the Leatherman (he opted not to get the chaps, deciding instead to have David Menkes make him something), we went for sushi. Dinner was great. We talked some more. He told me about the circumstances wherein he was shot. It was before he came to the U.S. He and his brother were driving along a highway, and snipers simply opened fire as they approached. There were more than a hundred bullets taken out of Does Windows' car. Three bullets hit him in the shoulder, and one in the foot. He nearly died. The violence was completely random. He has no idea who it was that shot him or what those motives may have been.

He's interested in getting his nipples pierced, and he asked me if it hurt. "Yes, it hurts," I said. "It hurts a lot. But not for long. After I had mine pierced, I went to see Yo Mama Tambien with Special Guy. And, the first one was easier than the second one, because the second time around I knew what I was in form." I thought for a moment, and said, "It's probably not as bad an experience as getting shot and nearly dying from the bullet wounds. If you made it through that, you can probably make it through getting pierced." He asked me to go with him when he has it done. Gladly.

I'm likin' Does Windows.


No comments: