Monday, February 03, 2003

Hearing Tony Blair speak always makes me giggle.
He always sounds so flustered, so emphatic, so Monty Python.

Speaking of Monty Python, at work today, Stafforetta and Staffolina were teasing Staffaletta. A primary responsibility of Staffaletta is managing Boss Sunshine's schedule. Yet, she bristles when you're talking to someone on the phone and say, "Let me transfer you to Staffaletta, his scheduler."
"I do so much more than schedule," rejoins Staffaletta.
So Staforetta said, "Let me transfer you to Staffaletta, whose duties include, but are not limited to, scheduling."

I needed no further inciting.

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Our chief weapon is fear.
Fear and surprise.
Our two chief weapons are fear, surprise, and a ruthless efficiency.
Our three chief weapons are fear, surprise, a ruthless efficiency, and...
Amongs our weaponry are such diverse elements as... fear, surprise, a ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope in Rome.
Carninal Biggles! You will read the charges!"

All five of them looked at me with concern, as though I were having a petit mal seizure.
Whaddya expect. They're young. They don't even remember the Carter Administration.

------------------------------

No comments: