Saturday, February 22, 2003

Huh.

So when I opened up my email this morning, there was a messsage from Special Guy, sending me the post below. I know I know I know, one of those goofy things that make the rounds of In Boxes. But because it was him, I opened it up and read it and liked it. I responded, telling him a little bit about what's going on with me, and wishing him all the best there in Palm Springs.

Also in my In Box was email from someone I know through work. It was some nasty political in-fighting. Which might sound shocking, but in the circles I move in, it isn't at all. But anyway, it was sent to a bunch of people, and the first name listed in the list of recipients was unmistakeably Sarge's.

Huh. Special Guy... Sarge... Coming so soon after righting a tender reply to Special Guy, having Sarge flood my consciousness was sort of potent. So now I have Sarge's email address. (I'll have to introduce the guy that sent me the nasty email to the idea of blind carbon copying.) And, I guess that I definitely know somebody who knows Sarge, and who might be able to pass on my junior high school "I know somebody who likes you" message to Sarge.

Nah. Eventually, I'll run into Sarge again when I'm out. I'll say something up front like, "Y'know, I wouldn't mind hooking up with you some time," and we'll see where it goes.

Sarge could be a deeply flawed human being (I've seen nothing to indicate that, and I've heard nothing to indicate that would be the case, but people can surprise you like that). And, it's not like there haven't been a few other men who wandered into my life and captured my imagination.

All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.


No comments: