Friday, February 07, 2003

Maybe I could knock over a liquor store in Queens

I got a ride into work this morning from my Friend and Landlord. Last summer, he took a full share in the pines (he's a corporate lawyer and real estate mogul) and he was exceptionally gracious on letting me stay there on several weekends when work prevented him from going out there. Anyway, it seems that Crystal Meth has taken out the guy who was the house manager, and so F&L and another guy are stepping into that role. It's a great house. Most of the places I've seen in the Pines consist of a large room with a galley kitchen, and four, six, or eight bedrooms coming off that room. Not so this house. It's huge and rambling. Everyone staying there in essence has their own floor. At any rate, F&L and the other guy he's working with are hoping to make the house even more kink friendly than was previously the case. (The sling room is pretty famous.)

And so, F&L invited me to take a quarter share. I laughed. "Is there a sliding fee scale? Are scholarships available?" F&L replied that that could very well be the case. Now, let's be clear. I totally don't have the money. Beyond the fact that it's $2-3,000 for the quarter share, every weekend you're out there you have to pay your portion of the food bill. And that's a few hundred dollars. So no no no no no no NO!

But still... The roster of those left standing in the house seems to include all the people I liked. And they liked my dog. And he liked going out there. The five days I spent out there in F&L's share with Special Guy were just golden and magnificent. And I had a blast. It really is magical.

But I don't have the money. So I guess I'll just have to knock over a liquor store in Queens.

-----------------------------------

No comments: