Saturday, February 08, 2003

So I drove all the way out to Allentown, Pennsylvania today to go to MP Uniform and Supply. Route 78 was wide open, and I made great time. I get there at 3:30 thinking, "Great! I'll be able to take my time shopping." I found the place without much of a problem. It didn't look busy from the parking lot, and I was worried about overly attentive staff. I walked up to the door and saw a sign that said "OPEN SAT 10-2." Unbelievable. In the same complex, three doors down, MP Nursing Uniforms is OPEN SAT 10-5, but I didn't drive all this way to pick up scrubs. Damn. I had pizza and headed home.

I spent the evening with Current President, Past President, and a passel of assorted young'uns watching the Absolutely Fabulous episode that had a segment shot in the LURE. So that was fun. Then I headed up to the LURE. It was a really good crowd. Sort of the Last Days of Sodom. I heard from the manager earlier in the day that their plans for a new space fell through. So, unless they work out a deal with their landlord whereby they can go month to month, the LURE will close down in April. So it's sort of bittersweet. Truly, I will miss the place, the scene of so many good times. I am not looking forward to fighting for one of the eleven parking spots on West 28th Street to go to the Spiegel on Saturday nights, and contend with hordes of Chelsea boys wearing fucking flip flops in what purports to be a leather bar. (Oh. I heard they got raided this past week.)

Here's the kind of interesting part of the evening. Ran into lots of folks I knew there, including the batteries (Double A, A and A). And also this guy I know kind of. Well call him Sarge. Sarge is sort of a luminary in the LGBT community, and the subsegment of the S/M community is proud to claim him as one of our own. I know him slightly. He was one of those people that I knew who he was before I met him. We talked for a bit down at MAL. So we chatted for a while tonight. He bought me a beer. And while we were chatting, it sort of dawned on me: I'm totally crushed out on this guy. And I think I have been for a while. And unless I'm mistaken, that vibe is going both ways. Huh. Now, he plays as a Top. Which could be cool. I mean, I'd like date him. I don't get to feeling, "Damn, I want to whip him" while we're talking, or even, "Damn, I'd like to go down for him." But more along the lines of, "Damn, I'd like to wake up next to him, go out for breakfast together, go to movies, and have sex." He kind of mentioned that he has floor to ceiling book cases in his apartment, and once noticed a guy he brought home was sitting handcuffed on the floor reading the titles of the books in his bookcase, and made some comment like, "Pretty wide range of subjects." So Sarge blindfolded. Okay. I heard, "Pretty wide range of subjects" and got a huge hard on. He vaguely resembles Special Guy. Big butch guy with lots of hair. Maybe that's part of it.

How to proceed? He makes me sort of nervous. Not sure what that's about. My inclination is to play things Junior High School style, as in, tell somebody he knows that I 'like' him and see if he asks me out. How twisted is that, huh? Or just do nothing. Well, I'll sleep on it.

------------------------------

No comments: