Wednesday, February 12, 2003



I doubt that worked, but I thought I'd give it a try. If it did, that's me, your humble host here at SingleTails.

Anyway, I'm just now back from the GMSMA Wednesday night program at the Center. Tonight there was a panel discussion on S/M in the context of relationships. Topics covered included playing inside the relationship, playing outside the relationship, resolving crises, and the like. It was provocative, sweet, tantalizing, and always interesting. I asked a question at one point, namely, "When your partner first became the object of your desire--whether that was when you first laid eyes on him or later--what was the nature of that desire? Was it kinky, as in, 'I want to see that man chained at my feet, drenched in my piss,' or was it romantic, as in, 'I want to do the Times crossword in bed with that man on a Sunday morning'?" The consensus on the panel: both! Sweet, huh?

What images were floating through my head during the panel and afterwards as I enjoyed a quesadilla grande with black beans and extra guacamole at Bennie's Burritos? What else. Sarge. Sarge and me. Me and Sarge.

I went so far as to go shopping for a Valentine's Day card tonight before the meeting. Made me seriously reconsider this plan. They were all either those black-and-white beefcake photos on the cover (of guys better looking than I am), or else dopey and expressing sentiments not appropriate for a card sent to a man that I hardly know anonymously.

A buddy of mine in Portland has a print on his wall depicting two Tom of Finland type guys. One guy is opening the door of (what can only be described as) his cottage, and we see his visitor from the rear, wearing chaps, MC jacket, and officers cap, and with a bouquet of roses and a heart-shaped box of chocolates held behind his back. That would be perfect. (There's so much romance among kinky folk.) Alas, nothing remotely similar was available.

So after Boss Sunshine left today, we all got on the internet and started looking for jobs. It was highly amusing. "Hey, Staffina! Here's one that would be perfect for you!" That kind of thing. Sort of indicative of what kind of day I had, huh?

But, today I also learned that Boss Sunshine is taking off all next week for vacation. What can contain my joy at that news? No earthly vessel, that's for sure. And it starts on Friday, so I only have one more day to deal with him, and then I won't for the next ten.


No comments: