Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Anybody know a Chrysler dealer?

Just paid my bills. Not as painful as I was thinking it might be.

The huge burden I'm carrying is my car payment. I lease, and my monthly lease payment for my 2002 Jeep Liberty is $575. That's right. Five hundred and seventy-five dollars. It destroys me every time I see a car commercial on television and hear things like, "...and you can lease a 2003 Audi for $300-a-month." No one has a lease payment of $575. Except me. Long story of why it's so high, but let's just say every time I write out that check I think of my Ex and call say mutherfucker under my breath.

Anyway. I called my dear dear friends at Chrysler Financial today to ask (once again) if there was any way that I could reduce my payment. And there isn't. A lease is a lease. It's set in stone.

But then I got an idea. It's always been my intention to buy my Liberty when the lease is up. I've never loved a car as much as I love this one. What if I were to buy my car? Now, rather than when the lease is up. The nice woman I was talking to said that would be totally possible to do. And I could finance that purchase independently of the loan.

Now, I've never bought a car before, so I have no idea how financing works. Mortgages I know like the back of my hand. Car financing I haven't a clue. What's the standard term? How are interest rates determined? Idaknow.

And, according to the nice woman, I wouldn't have to go back to those vicious scumbags at Fuller Jeep-Chrysler of Union, New Jersey who saddled me with the $575 a month in the first place. I could go anywhere. Or at least, to any Chrysler dealer.

So. Anybody know a Chrysler dealer?


No comments: