Wednesday, July 23, 2003

At my back I always hear, Time's wing'd chariots drawing near

This morning, I went to the big apple softball league website. This weekend will be the last league games. After that will be two weekends of playoffs, and it looks likely that the Ballbreakers will be included.

But then softball will be over. And then it will be the middle of August. And then Inferno the first two weeks of September. And then the leaves turn gold and the weather gets cold and then there's two feet of snow on the ground.

Summer is passing by. And summer days are so precious.

And a week of rainy days gets me pissed off. It looks like Friday will be the only beach day. I'm invited to go to spend some time in the Pines. But when? Time flies.

It's the same feeling I would get when I was working on Sunday afternoon. That's it. The weekend is almost over. Back to work. A certain melancholie steals over me.

Well, make hay while the sun shines.


No comments: