Thursday, July 03, 2003

Light a candle. Say a prayer. Send Reiki energy. Keep good thoughts. Make blood sacrifice of small animals. Hurl a virgin into the gaping mouth of an active volcano. Whatever.

I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna send email to the editor of a local gay paper, proposing a series of feature articles. I'm going to see if I can get a byline. And get money for writing.

Scared out of my wits?

Oh yeah.

But I'm gonna do it.

I think email would be a better approach than a phone call. Email would give me the opportunity to flesh out my ideas for the series, and to give links (uh, I mean 'link') to the article I wrote that's available on line.

I've also (of course) made a list of plausible reasons why he could say no. Such as: they don't have the money right now; it doesn't fit editorially with what they're trying to do; I would be yet another gay white man writing for the paper and they're launching a diversity initiative; they tried something like that before and it didn't work out.

Whatever.

I'm gonna do it, though.

As Shaggy would say: Zoinks!


No comments: