Friday, July 11, 2003

Do I have a great cage maker or what?

This turned up in email this morning:

     I will be sending you 2 or 3 steel samples on Monday. They will only be about 4 or 5 inches long, but enough to give you an idea of what I would like your cage to be made from.
     One is just regular square tube stock like everyone else uses, its boring but it does the job. The other has a very unusual bevel pattern to it. It originally comes from Italy in 20 foot lengths and if you choose that style, I will purposely cut and arrange the steel bars so it can be read "Made in Italy" where ever it may be stamped. I think its quite a novelty to have this manufactures stamping to show, what do you think?

Any thoughts, readers? Although my cage maker is Italian-American, neither I nor the man whom I hope will be my slave are 'Made in Italy.' But, I sort of like the idea of the 'Made in Italy' inscription. Too bad it isn't in Italian--I think that would be 'Fabbrato in Italia.' It sort of reminds me of the old Ricardo Montalban commercial for the Chrysler Cordoba with the upholstery in 'fine Corinthian leather.'

"You may be pleased to know, slave, that appropriate to the degree to which I cherish possessing your body, mind, and spirit, that the cage that holds you is made from the finest italian steel that I was able to import especially for the purposes of keeping you under lock and key."


No comments: