Monday, July 14, 2003

An Urgent Appeal

If all goes as planned, basanos and I should meet sometime this week. I'll stay mum on the details of what I have in mind for the initial encounter. Our chief weapon is fear. Fear and surprise. Our two chief weapons are fear, surprise, and a ruthless efficiency. Amongst our weaponry are found such diverse elements as fear, surprise, a ruthless efficiency...

I will say this. In Islam numerology, nineteen is considered to be a miraculous number.

Anyway. The urgent appeal part. basanos and I were talking. he had an idea, and I think it's a great one. It would be wonderful if before too much time passes, we had some time away together. A retreat or honeymoon of sorts. Somewhere desolate. Far from the madding crowd. Some place where together we could go very, very deep. Somewhere that he could make all the noise he wants--and that I want him to make--and no one would hear. Somewhere away from cell phones and distractions. Just him and me.

Some cabin in the woods.

Oh. And I'd probably have to bring my dog.

But where? Right off the bat, the place in Pennsylvania where I attended tha party comes to mind. If only for the well-appointed dungeon. And coming in close behind is Aubrey Sparks in Seattle. I'm reluctant to ask my Hosts about moving into their dungeon for a week as I don't know them that well, and it smacks of being a wee bit presumptuous. And with Aubrey in Seattle, I'd want to spend time with Aubrey, and that, however enjoyable and beneficial, would be something of a distraction. But I might look into either of those. It couldn't hoit.

So, readers, that's what I'm asking. Anybody know of someone with a rustic cabin upstate to which they'd be willing to lend the keys? At the minimum, I think we're looking at four days. Ideally, I'd say ten days would be great.

basanos and I are both pretty sturdy and can deal with something very very rustic.

Anyone with ideas is welcome to email me at drrrew@mindspring.com. (That's 3 r's in drrrew.)

Thanks.


No comments: