Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Nice package!

Someone sent me a package. I wasn't expecting anything. When I lived in Brooklyn, I once hiked all the way over to our post office to collect a box full of coupons and a sample size of dishwasher detergent. In Jersey City, it's a drive rather than a walk. Since I had to go there, I took the opportunity to drop in the mail a jockstrap I wore all weekend for basanos. For good measure, I took a piss in it before securing it in a baggie and dropping it in an envelope.

So I drove all the way down to Monmouth Street, very 'don't fuck with me, Postal Employee.' I presented the thing my useless mail man had put in my mailbox, and received my package...


...from whipping boy.

Immediately I got all kinds of happy. All of a sudden, it's Christmas.

I scrambled out to my car and got busy using my keys to open up the box. Inside I found a clear plastic box. Inside the box was a bootblacking kit. It's all there. And, two pictures of a tree struck by lightning that whipping boy described to me, which she feels would be a perfect whipping post (and I totally agree), and two pictures of her back the morning after the night before. Me being me, I wince seeing the cut too far down and off to the side. All of the elements of the bootblack kit are marked and labeled, and the scrap of cloth marked 'polish applicator' also apparently has a CHC history I'll have to inquire about.

I love it. I absolutely love it. Every bit of it.

Thank you, whipping boy. Thank you. A second great gift you've given me, the first, of course, being your back.

And this from the SingleTails prayer hotline:

whipping boy is preaching a sermon this Sunday. Make sure you're up and conscious at 9 am. Get comfortable. Quiet your mind. Imagine yourself walking down some worn path, in whatever surroundings you consider to be beautiful. Drink it all in for a while, then cast up thine eyes, look at the sky. Watch the sky carefully, until very high up you see a bird in flight. Send up your spirit to the soaring bird. Send with the bird your best wishes for whipping boy and her sermon, send her strength and wisdom and truth and conviction and cunning and beauty. And fire. Send her fire. Watch as the bird sails out of sight, taking your prayers to whipping boy, wherever she is.


No comments: