Monday, July 14, 2003

Man of Steel

Quite the productive Home Depot shopping trip this afternoon.

The booty included the following:

2 3' long 3/4 inch steel dowels
2 3' long 1 inch hollow steel dowels
1 4' long 3/4 inch steel dowel
1 3' long 1/2 inch aluminium dowel (packs a wallop and will bruise nicely)
2 10' long lengths of 5/16' guage steel chain
1 10' long length of 1/4' guage steel chain
A variety of items (shackles, snap links, quick links, padlocks, etc.) for securing chain
Industrial kneepads
A head mounted lamp (pretty cool; when I'm wearing it, and when it's lit, you don't see my face at all. It's verrry Terminator)
One Finishing worn-off-the-belt Holster (will come in handy for clothespins, chain connectors, etc.

I devised a pretty interesting position for chain bondage using the dowels. I tried it out somewhat (it was just me, so I couldn't complete it) and it's really uncomfortable.

I am really liking chain. "Whips and chains" usually are mentioned in the same breath when the uninitiated describe S/M. So it's sort of a kick to live up to the cliche. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me."

Steel is so non-human. An architect I once worked with described to me that when he was going to university, he obtained a sheet of cold rolled steel and made for himself a desk from it. It didn't work. He went to school in Germany, where the winters are cold. Steel is always cold to the touch. It doesn't warm up. You can hold a piece of steel in your hands indefinitely and it will still feel cold.

I would estimate that at this point, I have about 80 pounds of chain. Imagine having 80 pounds of chain wrapped around your torso. It would get hard to stand after a while. You'd break a sweat.

I think I'm going to let rope bondage afficionados (afficionadi?) strive to outdo one another with ushirote munenawa and kaikyaku kani or whatever. I'm going to devote myself to chain bondage. I will be the Man of Steel.

In email (which I'll respond to shortly), david stein pointed out that someone with a slave heart experiences bondage as providing security, as being held. Steel, to my mind, offers a sense of security that rope couldn't match. And, being a sadist, I like the fact that chain pinches and hurts. It hurts when it's somewhere where the bone is close to the surface (clavical, breast bone). That's the price of security. A little pain to remind you of how secure you are.

Some rope bondage enthusiasts I know mark their rope in some way to indicate the length, for example by color coding the ends with duct tape. There's no way to do that with chain that I can think of. So a chain bondage scene will begin with me laying out all of my chain. How could that not be a schwing for my bottom? The sight, the sound, the feel... it all adds up to a sensual experience.

And, chain doesn't tangle. And there are no damn knots to tie.

The downside of course would be that it's really heavy, and what a pain in the ass to lug that around. However, I devote several hours each week to throwing around steel plates and bars at the gym, so there surely is value in that.

And the manufacture of my steel cage is soon to get underway.


"Whips and chains excite me."


No comments: