Monday, July 07, 2003

Man I'm tired.

Went to Garrison Beach with UnFortunate. We spent the whole day there. Talking, swimming, talking, swimming. My skin is the color of stained cherry wood. I hope it resolves itself into a nice dark brown. On the way back from Sandy Hook, we stopped and got some clams, scallops, and shrimp. And we stopped off at IKEA. Finally I managed to get some frames for the prints I bought at the Tom of Finland Art Fair. They look great, although I think I'll have to spring for something to back them with as white on white doesn't quite cut it. Still, they look great, and they'll be a great addition to the dungeon.

I made dinner for myself and UnFortunate. I roasted some chicken legs dusted with curry. Then, when the legs were done, I set them aside, and deglazed the pan with chicken stock and fat free sour cream. I added rice and some sweet corn my mother put up before her heart got too bad. It's still sweet as honey. After the rice was cooked, I added the clams, scallops, and shrimp. (Note: next time, hold off before adding the shrimp, I had to remove them until the clams were cooked.) The result was a sort of curried paella. Went down nice. Perfect for a hot summer night.

Just got back from driving UnFortunate home. He's the perfect beach companion. He too likes to tan, although in his case, it's partly to keep his psoriasis under control. We compared notes on psoriasis and vasculitis. Both of our conditions would cause men we dated in the Eighties to flip out as they assumed we had AIDS.

Tomorrow is Email Day.

'Night.


No comments: