Thursday, May 27, 2004

...Make Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair

Dropped of Faithful Companion after work at the kennel. As usual, they love him there, and he seems happy to spend time there.

Now, time to get packed (Sir gave me a packing list), then to bed. Tomorrow I head to work, I'm leaving work at 2:30 pm, I stop home to say goodbye to my father and pick up my luggage, then I drive to Newark International Airport, and fly to San Francisco.

Wow.

What a great thing. I get to spend another weekend with Big, and I get to see a new city.

And all of this feels so right. So good.

As I expressed it to Big in an email this morning, it's like he and I have discovered a gate to a walled garden. Although we have never been in the garden before, it seems as though it was planted just for us. All the blooms familiar to us are there. And in a way, we're not alone. Present also are so many men who have discovered this same walled garden.

Sweet. So sweet.

And, work was great today. Today was Pirate Day! Psychoboy and Calculusboy were both wearing bandanas on their heads. I took mine out of my back pocket and joined them. We looked like pirates, and plunged into exclamations of "Arrrr!", and peppered our day with sea shanties and Hollywood pirate expressions ("Avast, swabbie!" and "You'll join our pirate band or walk the plank, landlubber!").

Here's the thing... we all really did look like extras in a pirate movie. Or members of Captain Hook's crew. I don't think I've ever worked in a place where I and my co-workers all looked like swashbucklers.

Big Big Big Big.

Big and San Francisco.

Well, time to go pack.


No comments: