Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Finally!

Well that's a nice sense of accomplishment.

I just emailed to my job the procedures manual I wrote for the sanding department. Alas, I haven't had a chance to do an edit, so it's probably frought with errors. (My typos are probably nothing new for SingleTails readers.) Overall, I'm proud of myself. I think it's complete, and well written. It was challenging keeping the language very very basic, and restraining my yen for editorializing. Although I didn't always hold back... Here's me on the subject of burning through veneer: "Bring any burn throughs to the attention of your supervisor immediately. Now never do that again."

If all goes as planned, I'll be sitting down to review it with a guy who has set up his own training center for finishing in South Jersey. (It's referred to around the shop as 'finishing school.' I think I'm the only one who knows that this term refers to a place where arriviste young women learn to walk with books on their heads and sip tea with a pinkie extended. I get a chuckle every time the intention to send the guys in the Spray Room to 'finishing school' is expressed.)

It's all so... Not entry level, starting salary earning employee, no?

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get Employee of the Month out of this.

I guess I oughta be bucking for a raise. But in a weird Soviet-era kinda way, getting my name up on a plaque and getting to park my Jeep Liberty out front and not in the employee parking lot for a month is sufficient compensation.

That's what I'm after, regard.

The money can come later.

Well, time to get in the shower.


No comments: