Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Lonely Tonight

Driving home--after dinner at Perkins in Doylestown, which was after the gym, which was after cabinetry school, which was after a long day of work... get the picture?--I had a thought: I would really like to be curling up with Big tonight when I go to bed.

But, of course, he's in San Francisco and I'm in Pennsylvania.

But I'll see him this weekend. I can hold out till then.

Hope this doesn't happen too frequently.

I just had another thought. When I head west, to Chicago or wherever, I take Route 80. Now, I believe that if I continue west on Route 80, it will take me through Winnemucca, Nevada, and on into San Francisco. So, the same road goes by my house that goes by Big's house. Relatively speaking.

That's a nice way to think about it. I see in my mind's eye an endless expanse of asphalt with a double yellow line down the middle. At the speed of light, my spirit travels that grey ribbon, and there's Big, waiting for me.

Better believe I'm deeply comforted by that.

Anyway, it's 10:30. I have to be in to work at 6 a.m. tomorrow. Time to head to bed.


No comments: