Friday, May 21, 2004

TESFest Looms!

Tomorrow is TESFest! I'm leaving here at 8:30, and that should give me a comfortable window to be rolling up outside of the Pennsylvania Hotel at 10:30 am. Tonight, I loaded up the car with my chains. I think they must weigh as much as I do at this point. They overflow the bucket I got when I made one of my (many) chain purchases at Home Depot. Now, all I need to do is finalize what I'm gonna say, and put blurbs onto index cards so I'll be able to keep up patter for the whole time.

Essentially, what I'm going to be doing is giving folks permission to do chain bondage. That's really all it takes. As far as safety issues goes, it's actually a wee bit edgy in that the bottom is not getting out of the chains quickly, as can happen with rope. If there's a problem, he'll have to do his best to stay calm whilst the undoing goes forward. And, make sure the bottom knows that chains bite. It's not gonna be comfortable, the way a nice body harness done in feather soft hemp is gonna be comfortable. It'll hurt. And that's part of the scene.

But essentially, it's all about permission. Chains have loomed large in my personal SM iconography since... forever. But I never explored chain bondage. For one thing, I knew of exactly no one who did chain bondage. And for another, when I would attend bondage workshops and ask if this could be done with chain rather than rope, the answer I got was a resounding No. For three reasons. First, chain is difficult to work with (True). Second, there are no quick releases with chain (Sometimes true). And third, chain bites (True... but that's a bad thing cause why?).

It wasn't until I dropped this url into my browser. (Alas, you need to be signed up with ManCheck these days to verify your age--Trevor strikes again!) Hard Master, is a singletail Top in Australia. But although I went to the site in search of pics of whipped men, what I discovered were pics of men in chains.

Somebody out there was doing chain bondage!

And so, with that, I had permission to do it myself. That's really all it took. That and going to Home Depot and buying lots of chain and padlocks.

The first time I did it, with GI Joe, I was surprised at how easy it was to get great results. In no time flat, GI Joe was swathed in steel. And I couldn't help but note that his dick was rock hard the entire time. He told me afterwards that the scene had been amazing from his perspective. And I've heard that from all the men I've chained up. There's something very powerful about being wrapped up in hard, cold, eternal, inescapable steel.

Okay okay okay.

Consider that a sneak preview of tomorrow's presentation. If you want more, you'll have to wait till after it all goes down.

Wish me luck!


No comments: