Thursday, May 06, 2004

He Shoots... He Scores!!!

Oh yeah.

So this evening in cabinet making class, I made my presentation on abrasives and sanding.

Could it have gone better?

No.

My demonstration to show that sanded wood offers more penetration to the finish went beautifully. I moved through it, kept everybody's attention (no mean feat since they'd all worked an eight hour day), the boss happened to be passing through while I was in medias res and sat down and stayed to listen, and her husband came up to me afterwards and asked if I would give it to the entire shop.

So I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Uh oh.

I've got a Sir, my job's going great, looking forward to two trips to California in the next couple of months... you know what this means. This means that SingleTails might get awfully dull. Swing by daily to hear how everthing is going fine? As Joann Worley used to say, "Bor-r-r-ing!"

But take heart. Nature abhors a vacuum, right? I'll surely have something to gripe and whine about before too long.


No comments: