Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Home

Today, I decided, is a mental health day. Y'see, I've been racking up the overtime lately. When I got out of the shower this morning and saw that way too much time had gone by underneath the steamy rivulets and I was running really late, I realized that if I didn't work today, I had enough accrued overtime to still have a more than healthy paycheck.

So.

This house is a mess. There's not room enough to set down a plate on the kitchen counters, Faithful Companion is shedding and the floors are covered, my bedroom is a disaster. I'm taking a nap for an hour or so and then jumping in and getting to work. I'd hate to miss school tonight, so I'll probably run into work to catch the last hour or so and then go to class.

It's a mental health day. Because dusting and vacuuming are good for your mental health always.

And, when I called in, I said I wouldn't be in because I had to 'attend to an urgent situation with my father,' and that's true. He lives here, too, y'know.


No comments: