Friday, March 19, 2004

Decisions, Decisions!

Okay. I want to go on vacation the week of July Fourth. (And here's a new thing... I can afford to go on vacation the week of July Fourth!) So here's what I'm mulling...

SAN FRANCISCO

In the Plus Column: I'd get (maybe) to spend time with Special Guy and Hooved Goose. Maybe make a day trip to the Russian River. And it's a place I've never been before. On the Downside... It's San Francisco. A place I've avoided lo these many years. It's gaygaygay, and in that weird insular way. Whenever I've heard San Franciscans rave about why they loved their city, it's left me cold. Still... maybe I should get a trip there under my belt. And I found what looks to be an interesting place to stay: the Black Stallion, and leather b-n-b in the heart of the Castro.

PALM SPRINGS

It's the desert! And we love the desert! Probably lots to see and do. And there's a leather guest house, albeit one that looks frighteningly like the seedy place I once stayed in Fort Lauderdale, called the Chapps Inn. And it seems to me that there's a good leather scene in Palm Springs. Don't think I know anyone there, though.

SAN DIEGO

Get to see Alpha and a slew of other people I know. And they have the desert there, too. But I've been there before. A few times. It's pretty. But it's also dull. And very much a rich person's town. When I've had good food there, I paid a hell of a lot of money for it.

LOS ANGELES

Hmmm. I love Los Angeles. There's great art. Amazing art. Wonderful art. I could make day trips to Palm Springs and to San Diego. Hmmm... And they have an ocean you can sorta swim in.


So, it looks to me as if it's a run off between San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Any thoughts from my readers?


No comments: