Monday, March 08, 2004

Putting on the Gloves

Whoa. In a mere forty eight hours I'll be fighting back butterflies in the stomach, getting ready to step into the ring--and be bound to a chair--with PunchPig.

I can't wait for it to be over!

Seriously. It's scary as hell going through it, but the minute it's over, it's great.

Last time, I didn't quite know what to expect. I was prepared to do pain processing (y'know, deep breathing and such). But it's not that kind of scene. No endorphins there. It's an adrenaline scene! And while trying to stay awake on a trip back from Philadelphia a few weeks back, I made the discovery that a good scream gets the adrenaline going.

I'd better let my contact on the Program Committee know that someone had better let the Center know that this Wednesday's program will be a verrrry noisy one. And, that calling 911 will not be necessary, no matter what it sounds like is going on in there.

Geez. Forty eight hours from now.


No comments: