Sunday, March 21, 2004

I'm Sorry, Sir. I'd Like To Be Your Trophy Boy, But Y'See I Have A Softball Game So It'll Have To Wait Till September

Yup.

On my drive back from the supermarket, I realized the obvious. Softball season starts up in a couple of weeks. That will mean that every Saturday morning--like morning, like 5 a.m., I'll drive up to NYC. I'll meet up with my team, head out to Randall's Island, play a couple of games, and then it's back to Ty's for the post-game pizza and beer. Then I'll meet up with friends of mine in the city, maybe have dinner, smoke a cigar on the pier while the sun sets, and then drive home, getting back here to the hinterlands around 11 p.m.

And, because I have to be up so early, that effectively knocks out Friday nights. And, because I need to be up for work on Monday morning, Sunday night's out. So there goes my date life.

For the greater good. The greater good being Softball! That'll be good. Good for me to forget about boys and Sirs and all for a while. Put it on ice for a while.

Ah... Softball.


No comments: