Thursday, March 18, 2004

Why Won't You Dance With Me? I Ain't No Limburger

Yup. It's a Jane Austen kind of a morning here.

"It is a fact universally recognized that any leatherman in possession of experience, wit, and fifty feet of rope must be in search of a steady eddie."

Yeah. I'm lonely. And angry.

What is up with me?

Well, that's the crux of the issue. It's me and my standards again. It would be all too easy to gripe about how I haven't met anyone decent, but that's not true. I've met plenty of guys. But not anyone of the caliber of Special Guy.

Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe it's a sign of emotional maturity on my part that I haven't embarked on countless bad relationships, saying 'Yes' just because someone expressed interest in me.

But maybe I'm afraid of something. Something along the lines of giving away my heart to someone who might not take good care of it.

They've identified homosexual behavior in rams. Male sheep will exhibit mating behavior towards other males. They haven't been successful in determining whether or not ewes are likewise homosexually inclined. Y'know why? Becase ewe mating behavior is basically standing still in the hopes that a nearby ram will get the idea and mount her.

That's me alright.

Maybe I should behave more like a ram and less like a ewe.


No comments: