Monday, March 22, 2004

The Further Adventures of Delivery Guy!

Not only did I get to be Delivery Guy today, but I got to be Driver Guy, too! You got it right. They filled up the cube truck with cabinets, and so I was driving a van full of those cabinets which wouldn't fit. The trip was only over to Princeton, New Jersey. It was new construction, on a llama and alpaca farm (sort of accessory livestock, no?). The cabinets were a paint job. I guess what they were shooting for was a sort of burgundy red. But to my eye, it was purple. I dubbed it Barney's Kitchen when I saw it coming out of the spray room.

We were met at the site by the contractors who were doing the installation. There was a tall blond guy who was the Boss, and he had with him his helper.

His helper. Let's call him Fuckin' Eddie. Since that's how the Boss referred to him. As in, "Fuckin' Eddie. Look at these tools all over the place!"

Fuckin' Eddie was pretty sweet. A sturdy young man, with sort of dwarfish limbs that seemed undersized for his torso. Although he stood about 5' 8". He was just adorable.

Fuckin' Eddie and I did most of the lifting and hauling, getting the cabinets out of the truck and van and into the house. So I was able to get quite the eyeful. At one point, the Boss gave a sort of fake swat upside Fuckin' Eddie's head. That set my imagination going on all eight pistons.

Yeah.

That's the scene I'd like to do with Fuckin' Eddie. Put on the gloves and pulverize that sweet goofy face of his.

Oh yeah.

Ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhh.

A knuckle sandwich for Fuckin' Eddie.

Today at work was a good day.


No comments: