Sunday, March 07, 2004

Whirlwind

Geez! What a day!

My father and I went to the bank and got all of that taken care of. This unexpected trip put a crimp in my Saturday plans.

the plan was that I would leave here at noon, and visit a Master in North Jersey. Leave there, and meet up with my softball team at 5 p.m. for our first team meeting of the season, grab something to eat, meet up with a pig from AOL at Starbucks at 7pm, head to a meet with a cigar guy from AOL at 8pm, then head to the GMSMA bar night and dungeon demo about 9pm.

Well... No.

I ended up getting to Master M's place in North Jersey at 2:30. We met, we talked, we played. (Play was simple, but satisfying: me in a sleepsack.) But it was reallllly rushed. At the end, it was 'okay, boy, get out of the sleepsack, get you clothes on, and hit the road."

Soooo, I did. Master M's directions were excellent. But I ended up getting to Ty's on Christopher Street at 5:30 p.m. And there they all were! My team mates. They waited for me. The meeting was brief. Basically updating our contact information. And tossing out the idea of going to a tournement other than Montreal over Labor Day. (Not sure that I could get away from work for a tournement anywhere. But we'll see.)

Then, I realized that I had neglected an crucial element in my day: eating food. So I and a few members of my team ran around the corner for a bite at Manatus.

Then, I darted off (late late late late... although only by ten minutes) to meet with the pig at Starbucks.

I rushed in, got my latte, sat down, surveyed my fellow Starbucks patrons... and no pig.

Dang.

Ah well.

I cracked my book (Joan Didion's Political Fictions; an excellent read). At 8:15, I headed out into the night to meet up with the Cigar Guy.

Another flaw in my schedule. Just what was I thinking? "Hey! Good to meet you! How's it going? Gotta run! See ya online!"

Duh!

We met, we smoked a cigar together. We got busy with some nip work and cock sucking, and it was 11:30.

So GMSMA was the thing I couldn't fit in. Would've been great to see everybody, since I won't quite be in a chatty mode four days from now when I show up at the Center in my singlet.


But that was a good day.

But man!

NYC is just... sensory overload. It's soooo much. It's not my city anymore. I feel that keenly when I'm there. This is where I belong now. Here in Bucks County. Sun, sky, trees, fields, moon, stars, river. This is where I feel grounded. Coming through the tunnel is like getting a bucket of ice water in the face. It wakes me up and gets my heart beating, but it puts me in a place emotionally where I can't stay for too long.

Anyway. What will today hold?


No comments: